Saturday, November 28, 2009

Challenge - Day 2

Saturday is always filled with errands and grocery shopping. I wanted to be better prepared. I really wanted to have identified 4 or 5 dinner recipes listed their ingredients and THEN go grocery shopping. I am doing this BACKWARDS which may be the reason I have so few choices when it comes to cooking dinner during the week. I’ve got to get my act together.

My sister-in-law (doctor) applauded my desire to lose weight, but she was really concerned when she read my blood pressure. My doctor was monitoring it at the beginning of this year and prescribed Lisinopril 20mg daily. Lisinopril is standard treatment for patients with
high blood pressure (hypertension) and considering that my BP was clearly in the 140/90 range on a daily basis, this treatment was recommended for 120 days. He also prescribed Lovastatin 20mg for the treatment of high cholesterol. It is sold under the brand name Mevacor® but is also available as a generic called Lovastatin tablets. He wanted to reduce my LDL cholesterol levels into a normal range. This treatment lasted 90 days, which ended about 15 days ago.

My thinking here is to reduce my weight which will have an impact on my LDL cholesterol and high blood pressure. The goal is to REDUCE my weight + dependence on medication.

½ cup of coffee
Lunch: 2 wings, 2 legs and 2 chicken breast grilled with 4 rolls with water
snack: 15 Oreo cookie
Dinner: chicken melt sandwich with French fries with unsweetened ice tea

Saturday
November 28, 2009 @ 1036 hrs
BP: 147/111
Pulse: 89
Weight: 230.5 lbs

No comments: